Thursday, January 11, 2007

It Was Either Handcuffs or Flat Panel

Oooh! Oooh! I have a new T.V., a new sound system, and less furniture!

Yes, now that the heavy, heavy pieces of wood are gone, I can actually fit things in this den. My super duper 46" Samsung flat panel has been set up.

The installation guys didn't show up when they were supposed to, so when salesman James (on good follow-up) called me to see if it had been taken care of, the answer was "no." So he tracked them down, and they called me, and they finally showed up at 4 pm. It took them almost 2 hours to make it happen. I got constant reminders that they had never seen such a system before, so I think I'm watching cutting edge here.

The universal remote was programmed a week ago, prior to installation. Some of it doesn't work exactly right, so I'll go in next week to ask some questions. Actually, after talking to James about it (yes, he called again), I'm convinced that I have to do the programming for the favorite radio stations (duh, that makes sense), and that the other problems are really miniscule.

And I have to have some time to study the manual and put the CDs into the new Bose system. It will copy them and allow me to see the choices on the T.V. screen. THAT is going to be awesome!

When one of the installer guys came out of the bathroom, he said to me, "So you were in law enforcement?" and went on to tell me how he had tried to join Customs. And what a hassle it was. So he just gave up. He took it as a positive revelation that he needed to seek some other kind of work.

I must admit I'm happy that he made the choice he did.

No comments: